The Dash records data into the .rde (Stages Ride File) file format that allows it to log more data than other bike computers. Since this format is designed to be used with Stages Link and may not work with all other third party sites, an option is included to convert all files to the .fit format in Stages Sync. A Stages Link account is not required to utilize the .fit export feature in Stages Sync.
REMINDER: Stages Link provides data brokering services, which allows the automatic uploading of rides to supported 3rd party sites.
To export files into .fit using Stages Sync:
- Use the provided USB 2.0 cord to plug the Dash into a USB 2.0 port on your computer.
- Download and launch the Stages Sync application.
- Select "I just want to export .fit files"
- If you have previously used Sync, click File > Log out
- As needed, accept and add your Dash device to Sync
- Select a directory on your device as a location for exported .fit files
- Toggle Manual or Auto file export in the lower left corner to choose whether to export all files or choose which files you want to export into .fit
- To export an individual file, right click on the file name
- Sync will only show rides which have not yet been uploaded. To show previously uploaded or exported files, select Settings > Show all files on device