Recording an indoor ride in the Stages Cycling app is as easy as connecting your Stages Power meter. To start logging your ride:
- Go to the Devices section of the app and tap Add Device to search for your Stages power meter.
- Select Stages Power meter from the options and the app will begin to search for your power meter's signal. Connect to just the left meter only for Stages Dual-sided Power meters. If the signal does not populate right away, spin your crankarms a few times and select retry. Once you see your power meter's signal, select it to begin pairing and then select Done once prompted.
- Once paired, your Stages Power meter will show a green link icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- If you will be riding with a Bluetooth heart rate sensor, add it now as a new device. You must be wearing the Bluetooth heart sensor to activate it before making the connection.
- Exit out of the Device manager page and select the Ride icon.
- Start pedaling and metrics will populate. You will see the metrics power, cadence, estimated speed, BPM (if connected to a heart rate monitor), and Left-Right balance (if connected to a Stages Dual-sided Power meter or StagesBike). Tap the green Start button to begin recording. Once you begin to record, distance, ride time, and kCal totals will populate.
- Tap the Pause button to take a break or end your ride. To end your ride, select the red Stop button.
- Add a title and description for your ride and choose which platforms it is uploaded to when finished. See Connecting 3rd party apps to Stages Cycling app to learn more about connecting the Stages Cycling app with other external platforms.