Manage your StagesBike settings, update firmware, and record rides within the Stages Cycling app. To get started, download and install the corresponding app to your compatible mobile device:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Add your bike to the app
- To pair your SB20 to the Stages Cycling app, tap Devices, then select Add Device.
- From the list of Stages devices, select the StagesBike SB20.
- Select your StagesBike SB20 from the list of available devices. If multiple SB20s are present, the bike names will include the last 4 digits of the serial number, which is printed on the inside of the front left fork of the bike.
- Confirm the Firmware is up to date, and select Done. If a firmware update is required, you can perform it now.
You have now successfully connected the StagesBike SB20 to the Stages Cycling app.
Using the device manager
Anytime you want to access your StagesBike settings, select it from the Devices page of the Stages Cycling app. If your app is not set to auto-connect to the bike on app startup, tap the link icon on the right side of the screen to connect.
Tap the Data tab from the SB20 device manager page to view your current gear, power, cadence, and LR balance. To record your ride, see Record a Ride below.
Under the Power meters tab, pair power meters, set crank length, and perform a zero reset on the power meters on your SB20.
Create new custom bike setups for your bike with personalized gearing and other settings on the Setups tab.
Record a Ride
To record an indoor ride on your SB20, first connect the bike under the devices menu, then tap on the Ride icon on the lower menu of the Stages Cycling app. Tap the green play icon to begin recording.
Tap StagesBike tab or swipe left on the ride screen to access the control modes and view your gears.
Select from the following control modes:
- External mode (disconnected link icon) does not control the bike's resistance in any way. Use this mode if you have a secondary app connected to the bike to control the resistance, but are also recording your ride in the Stages app.
- Erg mode (lightning bolt icon) sets the power to a predefined target, such as 200w. The resistance will adjust to your changes in cadence to keep a steady power output.
- Gradient simulation (mountain icon) sets the resistance based on a defined incline, such as a percentage grade up or down a hill. This mode simulates outdoor riding conditions. Your gears will still work as usual to adjust your pace to the virtual climb (or descent),
At the bottom left of the gear display, tap the cog icon to access your virtual setups to change shift settings.
After finishing your ride, tap the stop button. You can upload your ride to the Stages Cloud and any other connected third-party applications. Connected apps will show up on the upload ride menu. To add more connections, tap on Profile > Connections.