|On/Off - Start/Stop Button: Press to power device on, then press to start/stop an activity. To power the device off, hold button for 3s.|
|Lap: Select to mark a new lap, return to previous page within the menu|
|Up: Scrolls to previous menu item or page|
|Enter: Selects item in menu or activity page|
|Down: Scrolls to next menu item or page|
|Mount Locations (x2): Two rear mounting locations allow for use in portrait or landscape mode|
|USB Dust Cover: When installed properly, protects the Micro-USB Plug from the elements|
|Micro-USB port: For device charging and data transfer|
To charge your Dash, lightly lift the rubber dust cover to allow access to the Micro-USB port, insert the Micro-USB plug, and insert USB plug into certified USB 2.0 5V wall-mounted charger or USB 2.0 port on your computer.
|③||2.5mm Hex Key (not provided)|
|④||2x M2.5 Cap Head Screw|
|⑤||Handlebar Clamp Ring|
- Position handlebar clamp ring ⑤ between right side of stem and in-between any cables and the handlebar
- Insert the two M2.5 screws ④ into the holes and use a 2.5mm hex key ③ to loosely tighten ring ⑤ on handlebars
- Adjust mount to preferred viewing angle
- Tighten screws to 2 Nm.
⚠WARNING: DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN SCREWS.
- Install mount to proper specification
- Orient device in either portrait or landscape position and line up with mount
- Make sure lip of the mount is behind the aluminum mounting rail
- Slide Dash downward until the thumb tab audibly clicks into place
- Check to make sure the thumb tab is properly seated in the mounting slot
- To remove, pull back on thumb tab and pull straight upwards on Dash. Dash should come out easily, if you are forcing it, pull further back towards the bike with the thumb tab
- To power ON the Dash: Press
- To power OFF the Dash: Press and hold for 3s.
When powering on the Dash for the first time, you will be prompted with a few questions to set up the Dash. These settings can always be changed from the Settings menu.
An Activity Profile is a group of paired sensors, data pages, and settings that allow you to set up the Dash for different types of riding, different bikes, or both. For more information, see the full user manual.
To add additional ANT+™ and Bluetooth® sensors, go to: Main Menu > [Activity Profile] Sensors > Add Sensors
- Press thebutton to begin recording
Viewing Other Pages
By default, all rides begin with Page 1 showing. Use the arrow buttons during a ride to scroll through the data pages in the current Activity Profile.
Pausing a Ride
Pressing the start/stop button will manually pause the ride. When a ride is paused, no data is collected from sensors, so all averages and totals will not change. This can be useful when stopping for longer periods.
- To resume a ride, simply press start/stop again or select Resume Ride from the on screen message.
Pressing will display a Ride Paused on screen message with the following options:
- Resume Ride: Continues recording ride.
- End Ride and Save: Displays a brief ride summary and saves activity to memory. Once ride is saved, a more in-depth summary of the ride is available that can be navigated using arrow buttons .
- End Ride and Delete: Discards the ride from memory, returns to home screen.
Rides are stored on the Dash in an .rde (Stages Ride File) format. Completed activities can be uploaded and synced via Bluetooth (Stages Link™ app) or USB (Stages Sync™ or USB Mass Storage).
The Dash is designed to fully integrate with the Stages Link online training platform. Through the Dash tab on Stages Link, you may set up activity profiles, customize data pages, update settings, as well as use the training platform to follow a training plan, sync workouts, and analyze rides. Dash updates can then be synced to Dash via Stages Sync (USB) or the Stages Link app (Bluetooth).
To create an account, click here.
The Stages Link app is a mobile application that works in conjunction with the Dash and your Stages Link account and utilizes the Dash’s Bluetooth connection to your smart phone. The Stages Link app can be used to automatically upload completed activities, sync workouts, update Dash settings (changed in the app or on Stages Link), and update Dash firmware.
Stages Sync is a desktop application that works in conjunction with the Dash and your Stages Link account via USB connection to your computer. The Stages Sync desktop application can be used to upload completed activities, sync workouts, update Dash settings (changed in Stages Link), and update Dash firmware.
For more information, click here.
Operating use temperature range: Recommended from 0°C to 55°C (32°F to 131°F).
Charging temperature range: Recommended from 10°C to 40°C (50°F to 104°F).
⚠ Battery Warning: Only power adaptors with output of 5V DC, and maximum 500mA, should be used to avoid device damage and/or electrical fire. The use of USB splitters and hubs, or other voltage DC output than 5V DC, should be used with extreme caution. It’s also recommended to use only direct plug-in sources, or splitters and hubs with only one device inserted for charging.
Troubleshooting: If the device or display is frozen, you can perform a hard reset by pressing and holding the power button / for 10 seconds.
The Stages Dash™ and Stages Power® devices may be protected by USA or foreign patents or patents pending. This document may contain trademarks or registered trademarks of Stages Cycling LLC as represented by the use of ™ and ® respectively. All rights reserved. Stages Dash™, Stages Link™, Stages Sync™, and Stages Power® are trademarks of Stages Cycling.
ANT+™ is a trademark of Dynastream Innovations Inc.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
Other trademarks and names are owned by their respective owners.
Copyright ©Stages Cycling, LLC 2017